Saturday, October 4, 2008

Suddenly reminded how permanently my foot resides in my mouth

I've been on the pill since September of 2006. My family doctor, back when we had insurance, felt that it was a good idea, and, well, I felt like it was a good idea. It has been nice having control over something that can sometimes be very, very inconvenient and knowing that I don't really need to worry about having babies until I am ready for babies.

I take it on time most days or at least close enough to on time that I should be fine. So I was really very pissed when I used the restroom yesterday and found that my pill had utterly failed for the first time in over two years. 

When talking to Jon last night, I said, "Yeah, and add to that the fact that my birth control failed and... ugh!" 

The silence was beyond quiet as it dawned on me what I just said and how bad it must sound. 

It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't happen on a regular basis, this foot in mouth thing. I'm lucky that I've not killed Jon with these mis-speaking at this point. 

3 comments:

ALF said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ALF said...

I'm surprised the poor guy didn't have a heart attack and die right then and there.

Andi Stern said...

wow, that would've been worth it to be a fly on that wall!